Board Meeting - 07 Feb 2018
Attendees: Ryan Small, Debbie Bull, Andrew Powers, Jacob Lesser
Location: Cafe Allegro
- Board roles
- Pre-scheduling meetings farther in advance
- Spring Fling
- Goals for 2018
The board members agreed to serve in the following roles
- Debbie Bull - President
- Andrew Powers - Vice President
- Jacob Lesser - Secretary
- Ryan Small - Treasurer
- MOTION Ryan makes a motion to appoint the board members to the proceeding roles, Andrew seconded, passed unanimously
We will setup all meetings for the year on meetups.com in advance except for August, when CUGOS has traditionally not met due to low Summer turn-out. We will continue to post meeting adgendas on the CUGOS website.
We are not planning to hold a Spring Fling this year. We will promote the UW Hack Weekend instead. If a CUGOS member would like to take on responsibilities of hosting and planning a Spring Fling, the board would be supportive.
CUGOS will Start a quickbooks online account and transfer the current Quickbooks data from Aaron’s Quickbooks to the CUGOS online account.
- MOTION Ryan makes a motion to purchase a quickbooks online subscription. Andrew seconded, passed unanimously.
Goals for 2018
Goals for 2018 are to focus on and promote our monthly meetings. We will also support outside geospatial events like UW Hack Week and Maptime.
CUGOS will organize an outing to Pony to support CUGOS member Jason, whom serves as DJ.
- Andrew will check on our room reservations
- Debbie will checkin with Christy to setup Meetup - Completed 2/7/2017
- Ryan will send Christy money for Meetup
- Board will cordinate setting up a Meetup page and pre-scheduling the meetings
- Board will send email to CUGOS mailing list to alert about Meetup page
- Jacob will publish minutes - Completed 2/21/2017
- Ryan will take over Quickbooks from Aaron - Completed 2/21/2017
- Ryan will do Taxes with Aaron