Board Meeting - 13 Feb 2017
Attendees: Sam Matthews, Ryan Small, Debbie Bull, Andrew Powers, Aaron Racicot
Location: Remote (Google Hangout)
- Ryan purchased a projector - yay! Go Ryan!
- Cover last meeting’s “next tasks” - done!
- USBank transfer
- Upcoming meeting
- Spring Fling
- Aaron (current signer of the CUGOS USBank account) explains what is necessary for us to add Ryan Small (treasurer) as a signer on the account
- We need a document (meeting notes) signed by the board indicating Ryan Small was elected treasurer on 01/11/2017 date and that he is authorized to access the bank account
- The plan is to print out board meeting notes from 01/11/2017 and having the board sign. Sam to coordinate.
- MOTION to add Ryan as signer on the CUGOS bank account, Debbie seconded, passes unanimously
- Ryan and Aaron will find time to go to the bank together in the next few weeks
- Aaron has some older materials (invoices, receipts, bank statements/docs) in DropBox. He’ll share that folder and we can continue to use it for that purpose, or move to something else if we choose.
Upcoming meeting (02/15/2017)
- We’ve had more additions to slack, which is great
- Agenda is looking a bit thin, some potential topics to reach out for:
- Micro directions mapping
- Indoor mapping & directions
- Andrew is planning on a presentation for the meeting this week to talk about the Spring Fling that lays out how it is coordinated, what a volunteer commitment looks like, and estimated time involved. Goal is to highlight what’s required and get people interested.
- Happy to have a small meeting with current agenda - more social time is always fun
- Format - Andrew mentioned hosting an unconference-style event - we didn’t discuss this.
- Last year it became obvious that we were pushing the maximum capacity of the facility, which bled over to the afternoon (it was too crowded). Let’s aim for a larger venue.
- Aiming for a Saturday to be able to use adjacent classrooms for breakouts and sidecars, plus this may open up the option to get the auditorium across the hall
- How can we get more board members involved? Andrew to present at CUGOS this week
- Let’s try and get some feedback about the format during the meeting as well
- Andrew passed on past Spring Fling worksheets and other materials to Debbie